Can you believe that we are already one full month into 2016? Although it feels like yesterday that we pressed the magical launch button and released PageCloud to the world, a lot has happened in just two short months.
Thanks to your helpful feedback, we’ve made some big changes to the platform that will help you get even more out of your website.
New: More Video Options
One of the most common requests we hear is for more video capabilities. Well, ask and you shall receive!
We’ve made a few updates to the video options within PageCloud. For starters, you can now drag and drop MP4 files directly from your desktop to your PageCloud site, much like you can with YouTube videos.
Once the video is on your site, you can select the new video panel within the right-side palette, giving you more options for video enhancement, such as:
- Selecting Autoplay so that the video plays as soon as the page opens
- Creating a poster video, stretching your video to the width of the screen
- Programming it to be a background video, filling the entire window of your site
You now have more creative freedom with your videos than ever before!
Change Log: Backstage Pass to PageCloud Fixes
You may also notice a number of updates this week to the PageCloud website editor. Here’s a list of these changes and how they will help you:
- Character encoding, such as characters with accents, will no longer cause issues with uploads
- Sticky header navigation has been enhanced and no longer causes scrolling when dragging to the top and bottom of the editor screen
- Right-side palette now properly scrolls as you change the browser size
- You can now hide slider arrows
- Text fields no longer use tables, these will be updated automatically when you edit your page
- Locking and grouping object states are now displayed properly in the right-side palette for your selected objects
As always, we will continue to take your feedback and make PageCloud even better. You can expect more updates from us in the coming weeks, as we implement these changes.
If you have any comments or thoughts on your PageCloud experience, please feel free to send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for all of your continued support. We can’t wait to see what you’ve created with PageCloud!